The rumors were everywhere… Some Birchbox subscribers may be scoring Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara. OMG let it be meeeeee!
Looking rather chic, a tavel size Faux Cils arrved in my October Birchbox. Happy dance! The full size retails $42. Pricey but hey, if it does all it says it does, then why not right?
What it does according to Chantecaille
- Super-volumizing formula
- Full bristle amplifying brush
- Red seaweed extract lengthens and defines the lashes
- Special combination of natural waxes thicken and curl the lashes
A special combination of natural waxes offers a creamy, buildable texture. The result is a thickening and volumizing effect. A unique technology of a filming agent defines the lashes and perfectly adheres the rosewater-based formula to the lashes, making it extremely resistant to high humidity conditions
What it did for me:
- Didn’t really notice any super volumizing power. The volume I ended up with was average at best, despite several coats.
- I really like the brush. Not too thick, with just the right amount of bristles, it made for an easy application.
- The lengthening was so so. Nothing really all that. The mascara did a great job a defining my lashes though. No clumps even after several coats.
- Maybe it just me, but there was definitely not enough thickening. I like my lashes, define yes, but FULL for sure. And the curling part? Well, I still wish I had used my eyelash curler prior to applying it.
- I didn’t test the water resistant claims. But Faux Cils whitstand like a charm the Key West humidity. No raccoon eyes by the end of the day.
Overall I’m a not about to ditch anytime soon my current YSL Faux Cils mascara that I love so much. And I don’t know about you, for at $42 a tube I expect much, much more!
Studio Marie-Pierre rating C+